Info

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Film is my absolute passion. I also like theatre, playing tennis, volleyball, video games, and swimming.

Monday, November 29, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I have only ever used a blog once before, it was on Blogger as well. My brother and sister asked me to do some movie reviews with them. Other than that, I haven't had much experience with blogging or reading blogs. I think the blogs required for RTF 305 have been successful in getting the students to think more about the concepts we learned in class. I honestly think writing blogs about such concepts as hegemony and the studio system was the most effective way in remembering the various meanings and details. I rarely found any conceptual or technical difficulties when writing the blogs. It was sometimes it bit tricky to arrange the text around pictures but that is all. Besides that, I had no difficulties with the blogs, and any problems I may have had I could easily figure out on my own. I found the most interesting blogs to be about film, but that might just be because film is what I'm interested in. I particularly liked the blogs about the types of shots and three acts of film because we got to apply what we learned to some of our favorite films. I think the blogs have been interesting and definitely a unique way of making the students apply the concepts of the subject. My only suggestion would be to somehow require the students to read some of each others blogs or having extra credit awards for the 10 best blogs.. something of that nature, just to get people besides your own TA to read your blog.


Well, uh, I guess this is my last blog. Whatever happens tonight, either way, I'm not going to be coming back to this place. Well, I guess I better go. I don't wanna be late for my last TA session. This is Marshall Copous signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment